Wednesday, November 21, 2012

This is not the end.

Welp, there it is. After posting every weekday for two weeks and two days, I've fumbled. I'm 16,000 words behind and only have 600 words of Chapter Thirteen.

I'm the type of all-or-nothing person who lets small failures like this get to me, make me quit. I'm pretty impressed with myself for even making it this far, though. I did not think I would be able to keep up a consistent posting schedule. So even if I don't do anything else, I'm still proud of what I did do. And I've learned a lot. But I don't want to rest on my (rather middling) laurels. I still want to accomplish the goal of 50K in the month, of finishing the story and of posting the entire thing. I do not want to carry the weight of another unfinished story.

In the interest of not allowing myself to give in to the pressure and quit entirely, I'm going to take a deliberate break from posting until Monday. Maybe I should have done that anyway, knowing this week would be so busy, but up until I arrived home at ten o'clock with out-of-town family that I didn't want to stop spending time with, I really thought I could get it done. Ah, well.

Hopefully I can get caught up some and have plenty to post through the rest of the month. 

(I wrote a better version of this post but my computer bugged out before I could save it. The only thing worse than writing about your failures is having to write about them twice!)

1 comment:

  1. WHY DID THEY PUT NaNo IN NOVEMBER?? Sure, November and novel start with the same four letters, but man, I wish I was writing 50k words in a less busy month.

    Keep writing!! I want to read the rest of this!!

    ReplyDelete